Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Lori S

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Originally Posted by fayzer
There are not enough lighter, blender colors on the market to go with the more vibrant batiks.
There actually are a lot of lighter shades available. At least, I'm finding LOTS of them on the manufacturers' sites. Perhaps shops are just not choosing to stock them?
Bingo!
Just like people don't like to buy them and pass over them when seen in a shop....hardly the same rush as a fabulously colored mottle, but just a little bit can make a quilt sparkle.

They should do some layer cakes or Bali Pops in just light batiks - but it would never sell because it wouldn't be visually appealing in the packaging.
Same for the really dark-darks - I always grab them (batiks or regular) when I see them because they, too, are hard to come across.
Well, gee. We could easily put together a FQ bundle of just lights... what do you think, would this work? Perhaps a bundle of ten, so that the price doesn't get too high?

Do you think there would be a market for it?
YES ...... YES..... I would definately be buyer. I would love it even more if the lights had bundles of warm color lights and cool lights.