View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 12:59 AM
patricej
Administrator

you will not get cancer from using retayne unless you drink about a gallon an hour every day for the net 500 years.

as to the fabric, i'm sorry to say the only advice i'd give is to take it back and demand a refund. if the merchant won't give you your money back, then never set foot in that shop again. AND warn everybody you know you got ripped off by that shop. AND notify the Better Business Bureau. also, write a letter to the manufacturer. it's most likely a freakish defect. they should offer to replace it.

honestly, i can't see spending all the extra money and time trying to save it, but if you insist on keeping it, i'd suggest throwing it into the washing machine with synthrapol. warm or hot water. rinse and spin it many times. then a good soak in retayne. you'll need to wash it at least once more to get out the smell. synthrapol and retayne are excellent products (i use both when i print my own fabrics) but - boy howdy! - they stink to high heaven. :lol: :lol:

if i pay that much for fabric it had better not bleed at all. EVER. it makes me sooooooooooooooooooo angry to know places charge premium prices for garbage. :x

i'm very sorry you're having this problem with such an important fabric. but thank you, thank you, thank you for telling us about it. i was going to order some of that stuff. sure won't do it now. :shock: