Old 10-04-2011, 12:27 PM
plainpat

That would be me. Just DH & I here ...he's fine with whatever we have to eat.Poor guy...he'd just as leave have the good stuff...but doesn't say so.We do our own thing for brfast...cereal or hard boiled egg for me...a few cookies or cereal for him.
Lunch for me is a wrap sandwich with hummus & good lettuce, sometimes with cottage cheese or salad on the side.He prefers bread & usuually has a pudding or applesauce.
We have the same dinner with a few changes for me. I've cut way back on meat & measure pasta or other starch.My only "bread" is the lunch wrap.
He has a snack in the eve, mine is usually fruit.

We had lunch out & I had a coney with small bowl of veg soup.Tasted so good.Later I'll have a serving of high fiber cereal.

When it comes to snacks,it works best for me to allow for them when needed,usually when a meal has been too light.

I am losing, but don't know how much. Scales aren't my friend :-D

TV today said low fat chopped steak can be lower in fat than turkey.They have so many ways to trip us up!
Stay strong,we can do this.....

I know one of the ladies mentioned if we cook differently for our families. Currently my husband is altering his diet to lower his triglycerides and his weight, and I am trying to lower my weight too. So, we have been trying to alter our meals for the whole family to healthier choices.

We have been eating meatless meals a couple of days a week (with alternative protein), and when we do have meat we have fish, chicken, or turkey. He's dropped 24 lbs so far, and I'm down 11 total. We both have salads for lunch most of the week, and a decent breakfast.

I think the hardest part for me was kicking the sugar habit, since most of my snacks were sugary. I can't wait until I can move down a size in clothing. How much weight loss does it take to change clothing sizes?

Keep up the good work ladies![/quote]