View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 04:54 AM
patricej
Administrator

http://www.frommarti.com/block.html

A few free quilt patterns; HUGE selection of block pictures (313!!!). If you like to disect blocks to make your own patterns, you really want to "favorite" this site. If you like detailed instructions, the books are very reasonably priced. (e.g. $10 for 69 blocks). You don't have to buy the companion templates if you don't want to.

She sells some other books that look interesting, too. The prices seem quite reasonable. Could be I'll be breaking my no-books rule in the near future.

Some pretty nifty rulers. They seem expensive, but only until you compare them to the rulers you can buy just about anywhere - including WalMart. A few look to me like "must haves" and are now on my wish list - waiting for the right time budget-wise.

Her quilt patterns are expensive, but (1) I never buy patterns anyway; (2) it's likely the qualityof the instructions make them worth it.

She sells templates, too. Someone who uses manufactured templates will be a better judge of the prices.

Overall - I'd say this site offers a little (or a lot) of something for everybody from beginners on up.