Old 07-09-2009, 01:18 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by barnbum
:lol: kn3--well--tell me if square quilts are odd (56" by 56")... if not #6 it's going to be. I think it should have one more row all around, so 9x9 at least--but I'm not sure how to do that. And I'll do a search for a perfect border--if I don't find one--it'll be borderless. :D

I'm working on the last of the squares now--actually I'm making more than I need so I can play with colors and have the option of leaving the bold sunflowers out.
I actually prefer square quilts - because I like symmetry! And I think for log cabin it's ALMOST essential! If I look around and think about what I've made, most are square except bed quilts - and even the one on our bed, which is a topper is square! So square is cool! And I don't think it really NEEDS a border, maybe a binding done in a dark colour to really frame it OR a strippy binding with the floral fabrics? Maybe you could use the sunflower ones on their own as cushion covers? Wow 9' square - do you have a long arm or will you have it sent out to be quilted? I would NEVER attempt to quilt something that size! :oops: :lol: