View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 05:31 AM
virgwid

Ok, just got my first quilting project, a wall hanging ready for quilting. sort of. I was going to send it out to be quilted, but I started to feel like maybe I could handle a wall hanging. Next time I think that I think I will shoot myself and get me out of my misery. I am determined to do it. May be the LAST time, but darn it, I'm gonna do it! With your help please....

Problem - The only place in the house with a space big enough to lay the whole thing out is on the floor. Can't physically do that. No dining room table. Bed was a disaster, never could get it on right, and kept pinning the bedding. I have the equivalent of a card table to do this on. I worked on it on and off for three days. I finally have given up. It is a wall hanging, for my bedroom, so I am going with what I have. It is pinned, but the backing has a few creases in it. I have worked and worked, used the iron when I shouldn't have, have the fusible on both sides batting, etc. Just can't get it right. Ok, fine. Done with that. I'm the only one to see it. But for next time, any tips on getting it sandwiched?

so now a new question - it is nine blocks with sashing then a border around the whole thing. Can I quilt in each block and get that done, then quilt all of the sashing, then all of the border?? If not, how should I quilt this?

And I know it won't be perfect, and I might come out of this bald from tearing my hair out, so if you have any tips, I'd love to hear them. Thanks! Virg