View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 12:07 PM
june6995

To be honest, at the point where I had given her over $500 in a few short months (because I had collected these tops not knowing how I was going to get them done) I soon decided I would rather spend it on the equipment.

I have the leader cloths on and just put on a really dumb looking Trip Around the World that I made....wondering why I made it.....and a sheet for the backing. next comes the batting. I have decided not to use a "pattern" but to use the blocks as a quide and see what I can do free-motion. It might be too free, but I will give it a go.

I did not order the patterns to use as guides for quilting. Pattern Perfect would be nice, but I am not sure it is really what I want. I bought a book of simple designs, and don't especially like them. They are too intricate. I thought they were simple. But who knows, with practice I may, one day, actually be able to do something nice! I am just taking it one day at a time.

Don't ever think you can't do something, there is always another day and at 73 I am willing to give it a try. Come on over to my house and we can do this together. Should be fun. An extra pair of hands never hurt.

June