Old 10-05-2011, 01:20 PM
ncredbird

Originally Posted by hmay60
I have a Voyager 17 with a stitch regulator. We get along just fine. It took a while to get warmed up to it, though, and I didn't have SLR till after about a year.
Anyone else have the Voyager 17 with the SLR? When I purchased mine it wasn't available. I would like to know anything you might have to add about it as far as thread issues, tension issues, vibrating, customer service, etc. Actually I would like to know that about any of the machines. The thing I didn't like when I had my Voyager was that it was on or off but nothing in between. It was difficult for me to start and stop smoothly and the needle would catch because I wasn't moving evenly or smoothly. Stippling with it was a nightmare because I couldn't move slowly enough for myself not the machine. I didn't know anyone with another long arm to help but now know about 3 people here in the local area. Unfortunately I can't afford the machines they have but they should still be a good resource for help. No local dealers either or even close to here. Ann in TN