View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kellie G
I guess I need a little practice at picking the placement of my template. The center looks ok, but not happy with the body of the template area. I was kind of disappointed in the e-book this time. It does not go into much detail about how to make sure each piece is cut from the same area of fabric. I am not sure how to do that part of it, and I think if you are off by just a little bit, it throws the whole kaleidescope off. Sorry Rhonda. I love my Boston Blocks e-book though!!!!
There isn't much I can say about placement. It takes practice but if you trace the features of the fabric onto the template and place it on the repeat you should do fine. It looks to me that you did a good job of it!
It is hard to tell someone else how to place the template for the best look. That is kind of a subjective thing. I may like one look but you might not like it. So it is up to the quilter to decide what looks good to her or him.

Sorry I can't be more help but you are more than welcome to come over anytime and I will help you!!!
Glad you like the Bostons! Maybe the next book will cheer you up!!

I think your kaleidoscope turned out really well. It will make a differance too if you try a differant fabric or even just a differant place in your fabric here. Some comeout great and some come out just so so. That is the luck of the draw sometimes. I have some that don't come out as good as I thought they would. If you keep doing them you will get an idea of what kind of designs make the look you want.