Old 10-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KastleKitty
OK, No I don't have a mini cutting mat, just the large one. I get the idea though, it can be turned to make the next cut without disturbing the square. When I get the template I will use the gluestick to help hold it. That is a great tip! I was trying the current templates and I can see how easy they can slide, especially with my heavier brushed fabric and thicker seams. The glue should help a lot. I know the HSTs are kind of crooked, but I did rip them all out and may have distorted them in doing so. But to be honest, they were crooked before I started! As I said, this was my very first attempt at piecing and I did not know much about quilting techniques at the time. Plus, the triangles are not necessarily with their original mate, if that makes any difference. I see how much more accurate the trimming will be with the template points securely on the seam line.

I clicked on the link and will go back to it and read it carefully. Thanks for your help!
I use a small strip of sand paper glued to the bottom of my template to keep it from slipping. There are products you can buy in the LQS for this if you'd rather. Or you can use some of those round dots that are meant to keep furniture from slipping. I think they are felt.

I'll send your template and mat out tomarrow. So you can be looking for it.

If you have any more questions just let me know! Sorry I didn't see this earlier.