Old 10-05-2011, 06:35 PM
CloverPatch

I started this around March this year.
Now, I usually am obsessive and finish no matter what and in a short period of time.
I got the nine apple center done and drew a blank on what to do with the rest of it.
Got a bright idea! worked on it last week. Added blocks all around. Now Im stuck again.
It is not turning out the way i want.
When I made the first "log-cabin" block it was pure just for looks experiment, I liked it so I made 24 more to go all the way around. Not once did I stop and bother to run the math to see how big I needed these log-cabins! or how many I needed! idiot.
so they didn't fit. Not about to take them all apart and redo so I made it work. Added some fabric. so now the blocks do not "frame" the apples
Found more dumb dumb faults. Like the fact that those are NOT log cabins!!! Got the bright idea to make the sewing go quicker and sew two sides at the same time.
Really hate this quilt right now. It is NOT long enough or wide enough to be a queen, which is what I want it to be. right now it is roughly 89X84. Doesn't look right, screwed up a basic LOG Cabin! and don't know what I want to make it wider and longer and still look good.
My only thought is to add the apple print all around.

full quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266919[/ATTACH]

center apples Each one has a differnt worm, cept the center that is "perfect"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266920[/ATTACH]

don't you love my "log cabin"?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266921[/ATTACH]

my favorite block. Whats worse than a worm in your apple? Half a worm!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266922[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-266866.jpe   attachment-266867.jpe   attachment-266868.jpe   attachment-266869.jpe