View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 06:46 PM
raedar63

I LOVE ,LOVE, LOVE good whiskey.I can't stand beer.I have not had more than a few drinks in the last 4-5 years. I am not able to control the amount I consume. I never did keep booze in the home when my kids were growing up .I didn't want them to think it was the norm to "have to drink to settle down" or whatever the reason. Well It really didn't work because I have a son who is most likely an alcoholic.In fact I asked him to get his own place due to the drinking.I too like to drink but when one son went to war and the other turned to the bottle I turned from the fun,whoo hoo party woman to a crying mess. I could very easily drink every am after work as many nurses I work with do With my tendency toward an addictive personality I don't dare.
For about 4 years I used to go out to the "biker bars" I followed a lot of great bands.Had some really great times. It was not unusual for me to have a 50-60 dollar bar tab.(thats a big tab in a cheap biker bar lol) I loved to get "liquored up" and dance for hours. NEVER once have I driven under the influence I am proud to say. But I fear those days are over, Sometimes I do miss it but when the alcohol problem hits one you love it changes your perspective drasticly. I must also say so that the wrong impression is not portrayed My sons never seen me under the influence so it was not as if they had a bad example...I am in no way anti alcohol,I am just one that can not control..

On the same note if they would legalize a certian herb and I didn't get drug tested I would still partake ....