View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 06:46 AM
omak

I am wondering if you hadn't planned on putting a snowball block in between each of your sixteen patch blocks.
WIth the border around the blocks, that sort of changed the direction you may have been heading toward.
As the quilt is currently, I think you might want to put on one more border around it and have a very colorful, scrappy quilt ... that is one good job of piecing ... quite inspirational, actually!
Thank you for sharing your creativity with us, and congratulations on getting a WIP closer to goal.
just thinking .... you could even make the quilt bigger, if you want to, by putting novelty fabric blocks in between ...
I have also seen quilts that used half square triangles, alternating directions to create what looks to be a square framing each block that looks like it has been turned on point.
A snowball block would also acheive that with the size of the points on the side of your blocks poking out into the light background large or small depending on the size of your corner squares for your snowball ...
is that all about as clear as mud?