View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 02:42 PM
auniqueview

I bought a sewing machine, lol. No, not a vintage, tho I would have loved to have found one. You all are such bad influences, lol. I was wandering thru the S.A. thrift store that carries all the really nice goodies, and saw a Kenmore sitting there, just minding its own business. It's a model 385.

It had the sales slip tucked inside the bag that contained the foot pedal, the accessories and some thread, a measuring tape. The original owner bought it in 2003, and has had it cleaned and oiled each year. She put the sales slip in because the motor has a 25 year guarantee. Nice, huh?

It needs cleaned up some now, and they said they tried it, tho the bobbin case and parts that hold it in are not "in", tho they are there and look fine, but I think it will work just fine. And it was $14.99. How could I pass that up? If nothing else, it will make an excellent doorstop, lol.

Photos later, when I get it cleaned up and put together. Does anyone have one of these? Oh, and I do have the manual, so that's always a big help.