View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Highmtn

A couple years ago my position was eliminated from my work place. I was just devastated! Much to my surprise the RN's I worked with gave me a going away surprise (many of us were quilters and shared our WIPS all the time). My last day of work they presented me with a cheerful lap warmer QUILT that they all made together. I was reduced to tears and I cuddle up with it EVERY NIGHT when I watch TV and think of them. I cherish it!

Pieceful Quilter
I was given a Christmas quilt once that was rather jaw dropping. Horrible colors and it was poorly constructed. I KNEW my friend meant well (and it was a gift from the heart). So that is now my car quilt. I kept one of my own quilts in the car in case of an emergency, and I swapped them out. That quilt goes everywhere I go, and it's a cozy little thang. I've used it for various things multiple times while traveling.

I have NO DOUBT it will be the MOST BEAUTIFUL QUILT in the world if I'm ever stuck in a snow bank, or broken down on a cold rainy night.

BUT...what's REALLY SAD about being a quilter to me? I sit all day at a desk (at work)... working away.. I come home...and SIT at my beloved hobby... and then.. my local partner in crime and I drive to shop hops...and quilting classes....sitting sitting sitting. My buns are spreading MORE AND MORE every year. That's what SAD about being a quilter...lol