Old 10-06-2011, 04:26 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by miriam
I got a Singer 241-12 a while ago. Got her all unstuck and moving nice. Put her to the test. NADA. Her tension was wonky. Then the shuttle wouldn't loop. I put her on hold and had a bout of PI and broken toe etc for the summer. OK so I got her out - fixed the tension in 3 minutes. YEAH I won. Then started checking for burrs on the hook. NADA. Put the bobbin in and out in and out. NADA. That bobbin case had a screw missing. I replaced it a while ago. Seems like the dumb think is off. Won't hold in right. Then I got to digging around in my junk. None of the bobbin cases I have on hand match the hole. I'm not even sure the one that came with it was the right one. Now I'm thinking - order a new bobbin case. They range from 3 to 40 dollars. So if I buy the 3 dollar one will it work? Then I notice you can just buy the bobbin tension spring. That should be a clue... So I look over the bobbin case. EW. It was coated in rust - I got a bit of oil and a bit of aluminum foil and polished it up. Poked it in the bobbin hole - NADA. It makes a loop but add fabric and it balls up something awful. Has to be that tension spring. I'm beating my head against the stupid wall on this one.

Needle tip of the day: The needle curf goes toward the bobbin when you put in the needle - industrial machines have round needles - no flat side.
Jenny (sew-classic) is ordering a bobbin case. I can't beat her prices on Ebay!