Old 10-06-2011, 10:45 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Hello all,

One of my LQS is running a competition for customers and tutors to make a 12" square wall hanging on the theme of 'Fruit' and this is what I came up with - 'Fruits de mer' is French for 'seafood' - literally 'fruits of the sea'. I wanted my interpretation to be something NOT obvious! :lol:

The background is a piece of silk scarf I got at a car boot sale that I FMQd. Then I couched on the yarn for seaweed, some mesh partly padded out with black wadding to make a rocky sea bed, then I hand sewed on all the beads and bling to represent all the different kinds of shellfish.

The entries will all be displayed in the shop until December and customers will vote for their favourites. The 15 best ones will be displayed at an exhibition to be held in Bath, England from February until May and they will then be auctioned off for CLIC Sargent which is a UK charity whose work supports children with cancer and their families.

I had fun making this and am pleased it is for such an excellent cause. Thanks for looking. :-D

12" x 12" 'Fruits de Mer'
[ATTACH=CONFIG]267391[/ATTACH]

Close up of the shell encrusted rock
[ATTACH=CONFIG]267392[/ATTACH]

Yarn seaweed and fish
[ATTACH=CONFIG]267393[/ATTACH]

Fishies with bead 'bubbles'!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]267394[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-267338.jpe   attachment-267339.jpe   attachment-267340.jpe   attachment-267341.jpe