Old 10-07-2011, 12:27 AM
desertrose

Originally Posted by Suzanne in VT
I'm in the process of making a queen sized log cabin quilt with all Moda fabrics (Kansas Troubles) to raffle off for a fundraiser.

This will be the only thing raffled off and I am wondering how much to charge per ticket. I know I have bought tickets in the past that were like $2/each or 3 for $5, but am wondering what others out there pay.

This is for a mission trip that my daughter is going on with a group of students from Liberty University. It is expensive and we need to make as much as possible.

Would you pay $5 for a quilt raffle ticket? I'm thinking we could do $5/each or 3 for $10. I know personally I would pay that much for a ticket on a quilt that I loved (and also for a cause that I supported), but don't want to set this price if it is a really bad idea.

Your thoughts?

You know your area better than we do and have an idea what the market will bear for raffle tickets for a a raffle of this type. You don't want to price yourself out of the market and the goal is to sell the most tickets at a fair price. Would 1/$3 or 3/$7.00 be too cheap for you goal? Educate your buyers so they realize the benefit they are helping support and that your quilt is made of LQS quality fabric and if it's LAQ be sure to give the quilter credit for her contibution. Being from New England originally I know VT has many quilting groups that rafflfe quilts and many people will compare your quilt to those that these groups have raffled previously. I hope I've been of some help to you in making your decision. I hope you'll share the finished quilt with us before the raffle. I wish you and your daughter the best with the project and the fund raising.