View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 06:12 AM
BettyGee

Originally Posted by betty jo
Originally Posted by BettyGee
I just finished one that I made using EPP and when I first lay it down it wouldn't lay flat. So I carefully pressed and now it is as flat as a pancake. The other one I made, my first I used the tutorial on Missouri Quilt Co, absolutely the best tutorial on Dresden ever, and it too was a little wavy when I first lay it down, but then after several pressings it was nice and flat. Attention to detail is really important in doing a Dresden, no fudging 'cause it will show. Other than diligent pressing I'm at a loss at what the problem could be.

They are so beautiful so stick with it, you'll find the right way to get them the way you want and will love them.
Please tell me what EPP is, I maybe missing something. thanks for your help & info.I appreciate all the replies I have gotten.
Sorry. Didn't mean to be misleading. It is when you sew fabric around a precut piece of paper or card stock using a basting stitch. Then you sew all the blades together using a whip stitch, press the Dresden and then remove the basting stitches and the paper/card stock. The templates can be used over and over. I like it because it is fun, I can do it in the evening while I watch TV with my DH and it creates beautiful projects. But as to your original concern I still urge gentle repeat pressing to get your plate to lie flat.