View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Lady Diana

My Sister in law, mother in law and I cleaned out a huge room filled with canned goods and other cooking stuff while the Grandmother and Aunt (they lived together in this house) were at the hair salon. My husband and father in law made three trips with black trash bags full to the local landfill (pick up truck) We found burst cans of food, peanut oil that was ten years old and smelled like it....we reorganized the entire area of good canned food and mounds of new kitchen towels and wash cloths. It looked great.....OH MY GOSH WHEN THEY GOT HOME. You would have thought we had thrown away the crown jewels...and the worst part, we had no idea that they kept their food seaparate!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, separate, even though they cooked and ate the same meals everyday TOGETHER. The Aunt had her food in paper bags and the Grandmother had hers in bags and stacked....who knew....They screamed and cried for hours. We left for TX the next morning...They didn't speak to us for several years. The Family still remembers that fiasco and jokes about it. To each his own.
I did learn, never help anyone unless they ask for it.