Old 10-07-2011, 08:50 AM
elm

Read the recipe and it is very high calorie. I make my steel cut oatmeal by bringing it to a boil, shutting off the stove and leaving it covered overnight. Then turn it on in the morning and it cooks in much less time. I don't like milk, so I berries in the bowl add the hot oatmeal and sometimes, but not always a little nonfat yogurt. The combination seems to be sweet enough without sugar or honey. Sometimes I add cinamon just because I like it, but usually do that if I don't have any berries and I'm using raisins.
Originally Posted by plainpat
Here's a site with recipe for single serving of steel cut oats.Also, try th hint from reviews & put them in fridge overnight, then all you do is heat in micro. Going to try that.
http://veganyumyum.com/2007/11/apple...l-cut-oatmeal/

Originally Posted by Jeannette in NJ
Steel Cut Oatmeal?? I read that this is better for weight loss but it sure takes a lot of time to fix in the morning. Some of you have mentioned putting oatmeal in a crock pot over night, what type of oatmeal are you using and what size crock pot. I live alone and do not want to cook a large amount. Any help will be appreciated.

Congrats to Missy on needing new bras. I hope to have the same need by early November. We have a great place here in New Jersey, the staff is very helpful with fitting and are accustomed to the larger woman.

Make it a great day!
Jeannette in NJ