View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 01:39 PM
gigi10

Oh this is the sort of time I look for. look in your books, magazines.....pull out something you would like. select the pattern, then the fabric, plan to do it by hand....the pattern. Be brave and select pieces that are from your scrap basket or the really pretty ones you have been saving. Now is a perfect time to do this.......It doesn't have to be a whole quilt just a small one 4, 6, 9 blocks, but do the whole process the old way. cut the templates out by hand, Mark only the light pieces and then only with a small dot to show you where the intersection should be. I love to do this. You will be amazed. You could be working on a special gift or something beautiful for your livingroom, you get the picture. This is how I got into applique. I just love times like this. Every thing should fit in a ziplock bag, Needles ,thread......Wind a bobbin, you can sew for hours on one........I am not sure what the airports are allowing in the way of scissors, templates, pattern and instructions, small ruller if needed. Oh do let me know if you try this, please.