View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 03:17 PM
margecam52

Tammy, I think it has more to do with how the designs are made. It's like when you use an embroidery software that just takes a clipart and makes it an embroidery design...you don't get a true digitized design...you rarely get a solid underlay, etc. in embroidery traced designs.

I can take software, pull in a design (coloring book page even) & tell the software to make it a quilt design..it does it, but it will decide on the path to take itself...sometimes going over a line 4 or 5 times.

It then takes hours to delete the extra lines and get the path straight. I prefer to do the lines myself. I draw out the design...scan it into my computer...and then pull it up as an image in the software...I then follow the lines to do the design, rarely do I have to go over a line more than once.
Feathers are the same as when you freehand them...you HAVE to go over the lines...sometimes more than once.

[quote=Is there not some kind of adjustment that can be put in when you load the computer quilting to be done, that would lesson the times it back tracks? So to speak?
Tammy[/quote]