View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Originally Posted by Kas
Remember this one? http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-137158-1.htm I was the lucky gal who got it for postage. I have been trying to make it a bit smaller since the dang thing was bigger than king size and we only have a queen bed. Plus Bad Kitty and her little helper think polyester is catnip! So whenever I try to work on it, I have to battle the cats, too. Anyway, I found some raspberry sherbet colored cordoroy at the St. Vincent DePaul. Four yards for $6.00! I am so stoked. It won't be enough, but I can get a yard of chocolate brown or bright green to do a border on the back. One step closer!
Score!
Or being that you are making it smaller, use those cut offs to add to your corduroy backing. Then you'll have a little more interest than just patching fabric together, plus it keeps with the front theme!
Well, I am not making it THAT much smaller. LOL! Plus the blocks I am removing either have too thin polyester (shirt weight, not bell bottom weight :lol: ) or just too ugly, or made with a selvage edge that appears to be rust stained. Most of them are going because of the rust. The original maker sewed the stained fabric in. It is all through the quilt, so it has been a challenge to take squares out of the middle to be replaced. Luckily there are plenty of good replacement blocks due to the original huge size of the thing. It is going to be funky for sure!