View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Rhaorth

How many folks here repurpose fabrics? (for example... cut up sheets into charms or fat quarters, or just whatever size one needs for whatever they are working on)

I decided to give that a try as there is some things (not quilts but sewing none the less) that I want to try to make, but don't want to put out the cost for new fabric just in case I mess it up... so... I went to the thrift store with MIL (her treat) and wow, I snagged some cool stuff... will post some pictures shortly.

Still needs to be washed and dried...
Saw some fabric, bit thinner stuff that what I want... but it was on a bolt, but not the flat cardboard bolts, but this was like a dowel type thing, and it was at least... oh 1.5 to 2 inches of fabric thickness (if that makes sense) on these... there were three, but I passed them up as I don't know what I would use them for.
(there was no label for me to see what they were, felt like cotton but a much looser weave than what I am used to, plus when holding my hand behind the fabric I could see my hand... so sorta thin. (each bolt would have been $10, there were 3) sooo tempted but could not justify it.

Anywho... who else shops at goodwill/thrift stores for fabric (be it sheets, scraps etc)

oh I went to the job interview at the fabric store, they will be making a decision sometime next week, and will let me know either way, if I get the job, or not. (the position is for sales, for the machines, cabinets etc, and if I get the job, I will be trained on how to use all the machines they carry I am sooooo hoping I get the job)

Gonna go take those pics now.