View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 10:12 AM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by omak

NO! WOOORRRKKK??? And, house work is even worst! I have done very well getting by on my good looks, charming personality, and quick wit ... why ever would I want to get involved in that other thing??? LOL
I suspect that Miss Bonnie is more organized than most people who follow her lead. And, on one of these threads I was reading about taking a box of my scraps and starting to work through them, but it never seems less full - - I concur!
I have a theory ... as long as I keep the lid on the box, the fabric is compactly packed ... the moment I lift the lid and start sewing pieces together, the air causes the fabric to expand ... I spent a WEEK one time sewing flying geese, and I promise you! I had MORE fabric in the box I started with than when I started. So, I am thinking:
Maybe I ought to just admit I have a lot of scraps and let it go at that <g>.
Actually, if you read Miss Bonnie's explanation of what she is doing, she set a goal for herself to NOT go buy more fabric at the LQS ... she would be my ideal woman if I were looking for a role model <g>, not only has she created this fantastic system that she freely shares with all of us, but she also makes all these patterns with photo illustrations, AND has a thriving quilting business! Just a very capable woman, to say the least! <g>
ah! but where do those scraps come from? if you look at her site, all her quilts are done from scraps.

so where do the scraps come from? huh?

and face it, we would never bother to cut 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.5, etc. strips. no way, no how.