Thread: Tin Lizzie
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 09:34 PM
margecam52

Pat
What problem were you having that the dealer kept replacing an encoder? Was the machine racing (going real fast?). Did you join our TinLizzieLonarm group at yahoo?
It may be that you need a circuit board replaced, or really, just make an adjustment...I had to pay by credit card for the replacement board...and still had problem...so Isaac had me turn a little white screw on the board...fixed! I returned the first board & they gave me full credit on my card. The board is very expensive (500.00 almost) so, they do require a credit card to replace it. That way if you don't return the original...they charge you for it. That's probably why your dealer wouldn't order it for youl.

If you haven't yet, join the yahoo group, we have a few dealers there, and some really helpful users!

Originally Posted by pat brundage
I bought a Tin Lizzie in May of 2010 and it has never worked longer then three weeks at a time since. The repairman from the dealer has been out several times but just replaces the part called the encoder and makes no effort to find the root of the problem. I have left messages at the company many times and they seldom call you back. One time Ernie Floyd, owner
of the company (he says) did call back, asked questions and said he would send a part the next day. The dealer called later and said they would not replace thaqt part and since then I have
left three messages and have never gotten a return call yet