View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 10:29 PM
oldbalt99

I am one who collects things. I've had typrwirters from the 1930's to my new computer. I made a crystal radio from wires and diods, and now have a grea stereo. I've had sewing machine from tredles to the new basic computrized one I use. And now I have one of the little machines that are advertised just for hemming things and quick fixes.
I love it! It weighs all of two pounds, only does a straight stitch and has no light. What it has is dual speed control, a bobbin winder, top drop in bobbin chamber, can use either push button or foot pedal to start, and can be powered by battery or electricity. It came with 4 bobbins, the foot pedal an extra needle and needle threader.
Common sense says I can and I haven't used it more than two hours a day, once a day. But when the electricity goes out again two hours of sewing can't be a bad thing. It is my upstairs toy and I can do uncomplicated quilt tops, my normal 72x72" and finish it down in my work room.
I said no name because I hav seen some machines made by companies that make sewing notions, and in comparision, my little sew & sew is more than worth what I paid.