Old 10-08-2011, 04:04 AM
Suzi

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by Suzi
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by Suzi
I have a 1901 White treadle that came with one long needle installed and a whole bunch of shorter needles in one drawer. She sews reasonably well with the longer needle - how do I tell what size the needle is (it's pretty rusty) so I can get replacements? I'm afraid to use her much as I sure don't want to break her needle .......... thanks!
Go to this page and find your machine on the list...I'm betting that it takes the 20x1, but don't know for sure without knowing what the machine is.

http://www.ismacs.net/needle_and_sha...eedle-list.pdf
Thanks, Charlee - enclosing a picture (she's not cleaned yet but I never wait - I sew as soon as I can) Her serial is #1330531 and they dated her to June 7 - 1901. I just spent a bit of time looking on the net and can't find what I "think" she requires (20x1) -- where can I locate them (or is there an alternate size that can be used?). I sure appreciate your help ..............
That's pretty!! :) I got some on ebay...and I'm trying to remember where I've seen a more modern substituted size, but you'll have to bear with me, it's been a long day! :lol:
I think too, Glenn said that you could use a 15x1, and just not put it as far into the clamp as you normally would?
I understand long days ....... and I'm patient (especially when waiting for free advice). She's third in line for making a quilt as I'm attempting to construct one with each of my antique/vintage machines (3 down - 5 to go) ----- I have NO MORE ROOM for a 9th.! I have passed on a few beauties but I refuse to bring one home only to put her in the barn for the mice to have a field day. I'm very attached to the 8 I have (except for one - a kneebar operated New Home Godzilla---- but she belonged to my MIL so isn't going anywhere). Have a good one - try to take some "me" time ... works wonders!