View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 04:39 AM
LindaM49

Originally Posted by Lorae Radunz
I live in So.Mn. I haven't been able to find any quilt shows on our Direct. We haven't had a satellite very long, so I'm still learning....I'm sure they're there somewhere. HELP please!! How can I find them?? thanks
Do you know where to find the Search feature on DirecTV? Using your remote once you find it you can use Keyword and put in sewing...when I used the word QUILTING nothing came up. Keyword SEWING gave me the info for Sewing With Nancy. You can also search for shows. Use the title of the show ie...Fons and Porter and see if it comes up for you. What I ended up doing was using Menu and then pushing the green button which is +12 (hours) since I figured it wouldn't be on at night or real early in the morning...and just went through every show on our PBS station from like 6 AM till I found it listed.

I also saw something under sewing...Martha's Sewing Room...which I guess is Martha Stewart. I am not a fan of her but if that's the limit of what I can watch here...3 1/2 hour shows a week I guess I will break down and watch her show too.

When I check what else is on our PBS station...it's still a lot of the same shows my kids (now ages 41 and 39) watched when they were little. JMHO but come on...don't they think us adults want to watch more than 1 1/2 hours a week of something geared to our age/interest. I can find a LOT of cooking shows...that I sometimes watch...but it really is NOT my thing.