Old 10-08-2011, 06:25 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Your Christmas Dresden is lovely!!

The gold is too strong of a colour as you don't see any of that colour in the plate. When I first saw it, my eye went totally to the centre circle, and missed the beauty of the plate itself. The next two blend nicely with the plate, and of the two, my preference would be the red, as the large paisley is lost on the centre, being that it's so large. Though, I do wonder about the green? The white gives you a fresh and a Christmas wreath look, though it almost seems to stark to the rest of the fabrics used.

Are you locked on the white background?
What about the gold background? and let it self centre with the gold? Then IMHO the whole runner would be very rich. (Although if you happen to be putting it on a golden oak table, I wouldn't go there ... eewwwww!!!)

And too, as already mentioned, you'd be best to mock that up now while doing the centre, as that could have a big impact on the finished look of the centre.

It's beautiful and whichever way you finish it up, it's one you are going to enjoy every year you bring it out. Take the time now, and you won't regret it.