View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 06:29 AM
janjj

I buy at thrift stores and rummage sales often. Got a new king size set of white flannel sheets for my daughter, use sheets lots. Just made a comfortor, bed skirt and pillow shams for my guest bed out of new sheets, cost $2.00. I buy used flannel ones to make LWR baby blankets and diapers. The diapers you buy these days you can see through! How much will they hold? lol.

Does anyone make lefse? I was just to the Norke HostFest in Minot, N.D. Watched a man making lefse (which I have done for years) Learned lots from watching and visiting with him. He says not to use cotton dish towels or paper towels when steaming them as they absorb moisture. Use material with polyester in it. It does not let the steam escape. He was using round cloths serged around the edge, after putting 4-6 in between the cloths he turned the pile, cloth and all over, that way the hot ones are underneath and they steam the whole stack. One set of cloths was $16.
I maybe should have bought one set so I would have had a pattern but I kept my money and will try on my own. I thought $16 was too much.

Use and reuse is my motto.

My daughter, when she was about 10, had a new pair of knit pants, had to wear them to school, came home crying, holes in both knees, a neighbor made "people" patches. She loved them and wore them forever.