View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 07:21 AM
amyjo

Hey, North Dakota is out in the sticks too and we hear many things that simply are not true. Some misconceptions!! Had a friend who is a farmer and went to Florida for something or other and a guy asked him what he did for a living and he said I farm. What do you do on a farm? Well, the poor bugger had no idea his bread, butter and meat come from a farm or anything else he bought to put in his mouth. I can understand kids not knowing, because they haven't learn yet, but a GROWNUP? Sad to say there are so many people who do not know where their food is coming from. Education has been sadly lacking in some areas. Now a days most kids want to sit at the computer and play games or get on facebook or twitter and fool away the day. We have a serious lack of people who want to work doing some things that need doing, such as dishwashers, janitorial work, garabage haulers. They see it as menial work, and don't want to dirty there hands. Sad to say when that is about all the work you can get an dthey see it as beneath them. I have some friends who do the janitorial work and they get paid more than I do!! I only have parttime work interviewing people. The same goes with garbage haulers. They are all paid good salaries, becaue there is a need for it and they pay good for someone to do it. Now we get a lot of illegal aliens we end up supporting, because our kids don't see that this is all work and nothing to be ashamed of. It is honest work and where would we be if no one picked up the garbage in town? What a bad smell and a mess, because dogs and cats, racoons, skunks get into it.