View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 05:03 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
but don't you think you could have achieved all of that without the freezer paper, you're only using it as a guide for your seam line. if you can sew a straight 1/4 inch seams you could have done the same thing.

i've never pin fabric when sewing, paper piece or otherwise.

if you're following the method i know you don't sew thru the freezer paper at all nor does the sew section stay attached to the paper.

so its providing zero support in the block - so anything that you can do by that method you can do without it just use a 1/4 foot on your machine to achieve accurate straight seams.
I am beginning to think we are discussing different methods. When piece 2 is sewn to piece 1 and pressed open I then open and press the freezer paper foundation pattern piece over piece 2 press to adhere and stabalize then fold back for seam 2 piece 3. Each progressive piece has the freezer paper foundation but it is simply held on by the waxy residue that makes it stick to fabrix when pressed. I found it gave as much foundation and stabilzation as traditional paper foundation piecing. By the time you are done with the block it looks just like a traditional paper pieced foundation unit/block only you don't have to tear the paper off at the seams it peels off to be used on the next unit.