View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 06:03 PM
GailG

Originally Posted by Linda NZ
:) Hi Jeana,

I'm very new here. I only learnt to make a quilt last year, and my problem is I am impatient, and quilting requires patience, with all the cutting, pinning and ironing. I made a patchwork one years ago, just joining squares of leftover fabric from dress's I had made for my daughter when she was small, and that one hasn't fallen apaprt yet :) . Iwas pretty self tauht then. However last year I learnt some proper techniques, and have most of the equipment which I require. I've had problems with the binding, but are trying to go easy on myself, as its my first 'proper' quilt..Its the rail fence design. I just want it finished, so I casn strt on some mini ones to hang around the house..
I think this forum is great,

Blessings - Linda NZ

Linda, isn't it exciting one the quilt top is done! That's my favorite part -- cutting and piecing. The quilting, I procrastinate. You have found a good place to share ideas, get inspiration, and learn new things. Also you can share your projects with us. Good luck and welcome to the board from South Louisiana.