View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Honeynga

Went to local Publix this a.m. to get fresh veggies for my stir fry tonight and attempted to pay with Debit card..it was denied...tried again, denied, wiped it on my shirt, denied, tried credit, denied ! Left my veggies there (didn't think of paying cash of all things, all I could think of was my debit card and account balance !) Came home and verified that I had money in my account...called Cust Serv # and talked to a very kind patient person and she verified my last transactions and I verified all but the SIXTY NINE CENT purchase in BRAZIL and the $33 purchase in TN, all on yesterday, 10/6 !

Glad that my bank, Wells Fargo's security system is sensitive to these issues. It meant that I had to spend a few minutes on the phone completing fraud charge files; had to go to local bank (luckily it is open until 2 on Sat) to get replacement debit card and now will hassell (sp?) of making sure my auto deduct for my car insurance remains intact, etc......

Note to all, we need to be aware and very careful of our banking accounts, even if it means to monitor daily. Since I'm retired and live on a very limited income i really can't afford for folks to get into my little bit of money.

The card has not been out of my possession nor site whatsoever; I do very little on line transactions; the last on line transaction was to pay for a mag subs for a quilting magazine ! I do pay my power and cable bill on line but guess I'll just start writing checks again !

Be careful !