View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Nanasrcool

Originally Posted by yolanda
That's a tough block for a first isn't it? Nice work!
Not really. It went together really easy. I used ALOT of best press on the blades to keep them strait and stop them from stretching out of shape. Then when I attached it to the fabric block I pressed it in a folded square so I had a guide to place the dresden using the lines to match it all up. Then I appliqued it to the fabric.

Quilting it was the hardest part. Since FMQ wasnt an option the only thing I could do was SID and then I used the blades as a guide to do the lines in the background fabric. The border is made from a jelly roll and I just pieced it in random sizes. I wanted to keep it all where the plate and the border were uniform. I felt that made the plate match up and flow. It looks so great on my wall in the living room. My husband is the one that is in shock. I dont think he expected me to make something that pretty. lol. Not sure what he had in mind but it is nice he likes it. Him and my family have been so supportive in giving me a work space that is so great. I have a huge area to work on and my sewing room is awesome. Considering the fact that most of it was found for free on craigs list.

I think when things come together so easily and it all feels so right...it is meant to be.