View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 01:04 PM
virgwid

Ok, I have finally got up the courage to try to quilt my first quilt. I was told at the quilt shop to use the invisible nylon thread on the top only, not the bobbin. Just use what I had been using to sew it together on the bobbin, as it won't show thru so who cares? Well, its showing thru. I was using black thread because I had it handy when I started piecing. (tight budget). This on tan fabric shows thru. I was sighing at this, but was going to finish the first square that way (quiling on "sand" for a flip flop quilt) and then change to white. Now the bobbin ran out. I am guessing I need to continue this square with the black back so it looks the same for that block, but then I want to change it to get the thread more invisible. Is white correct? Is that what I should I use in the bobbin? I have to quilt the sand, water, and then a pink/orange border. Help!!

On the positive side, I have absolutely NO talent for this whatsoever, the outline I quilted of my flip flops is horrendously not perfect, but I am LOVING IT!!!!!

Thanks for your help - again! Don't think I have gotten thru any step in this process without you guys. Your advice is always invaluable. Virg