Thread: My sewing room
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 02:35 AM
tlrnhi

I should note that I started moving things around and it WAS NOT this bad before I started. I stopped in the middle to take the pictures.

I should add that ALL the bags you see, YES, there is fabric in them. lol

There have been many that have asked me what my sewing room looks like. So, since I have the tops done to Hugs & Kisses, I needed to straighten out my room so I will have room to move to finish these off.
Remember, this is a BEFORE picture and yes, it usually does look like this when I am done with a project. lol
The walls really aren't yellow, they are actually tangerine.....
The 3 bigs shelves you see between/under the closets are for storing NON quilting stuff. We really don't have alot of storage in this house, so we have to make due every place we can. There is a curtain that goes over those shelves, but a naughty little girl pulled them down while she was being nosey.

The dresser under the a/c has fabric in all drawers except the top one which holds patterns and the bottom one which holds tableclothes. My blue and yellow stash is also in there.
The oriental jewelry stand next to the dresser holds, what else? My oriental fabric. In the drawers are my needles, scissors, bobbins and whatever else I decide to put in there. Oh yes...there are some patterns in there also.
Next to that is my older Kenmore that I use when my Ergo3 decides to not play nice. Right now I use it to wind bobbins because the Ergo says NO, not winding them at the moment...she's tempermental at times. You can see the Ergo on the long table.
The armoir holds fabric behind the doors, but in the drawers are small pieces of batting. The drawers have been broken in moves, so I don't put anything heavy in there. You can see my dolls from the doll swap at the moment, they are sitting on my Singer Touch N Sew.
Sorry the one picture is blurry, not sure why. In the corner, the green shelf holds my Christmas fabric. That is sitting on top of my grandmothers Singer that she used in the 20s & 30s to make sails for the fishing boats. No, it's not a treadle. :(
Attached Thumbnails attachment-14872.jpe   attachment-14985.jpe   attachment-15341.jpe