View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 03:49 PM
ladypetite

Today I purchased a Johnson Ruffling Machine at a garage sale for $20.00. The seller said she had bought it new about 20 years ago for about $300.00. She said that she did a craft that utilized miles of ruffled lace and this was just the ticket for her. According to her, it never gave her any problems. It has been stored in her garage for the past 5 years. I asked the seller if it sewed straight stitches also or just ruffled. She said it did both beautifully.

The machine is very attractive. Aside from easily washed off garage dust on the case, the machine is a beauty. It comes with a 15 page manual.....in very tiny print that describes the essentials of the mechanisms but does not really give a clue as to how to ruffle with it. As a matter of fact, the manual reads very similar to the manual on my 1971 Kenmore.

I have been searching the internet on information about this machine but there really is not a lot. It looks like it is ready to go, and maybe I will just jump in and give it a try tomorrow. It is very clean internally so I think I at least scored there.

Some of the info I read on the net is that this machine can be cantankeroous......yet others say it is a dream. I am so hoping I bought a 'dream' and not a cranky ol' gal.

Oh....what am I ruffling?!? Haven't a clue! Just liked the machine.....LOL