Old 10-08-2011, 05:07 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose
How do you keep a machine from being parted out turned into a coffee table if you can't keep it? I have decided the little New Home Ruby needs more restoring than I can do, but I don't want her to be taken apart. She's a 1904 and deserves better. Such a cute little machine. Freecycle? Salvation Army? Ad in the paper?
what has you stuck? I have a Gorgeous Singer 401 I am truly stumped on. Some Egor hit the stitch selector with a hammer or something and bent the shaft in an attempt to get it unstuck. WRONG. Granted, I didn't pay much, but I would LOVE to see that baby working. My donor machine is a Singer 500 so the shaft is not the same. I got it out - hit the shaft to straighten it out and put it back but I think I didn't do it quite right so it doesn't work any better. ggggrrrrr..... by now there are probably vital screws missing. I do very much understand how the thing is suppose to work now. It doesn't scare me or leave me weak any more - just only frustrated. I'm not a quitter so even though I've spent hours & days on it, I'll take another stab at it again - that was my day....