Thread: no spelling???
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NancyBelly
Please don't trash us. We're doing our best in a very bad situation to educate your children and grandchildren Children are being forced to learn more at an earlier age than ever before. And many of the children have major medical, emotional, and psychological problems then when we were in school. Many children have no parent taking care of them much less making sure they do their homework or even see that they get dinner and a bath.

We are told what to teach and how to teach it. Schools have embraced a business model that we must follow so that our product (the kids)all turn out the same. Trust me, we're as frustrated as parents are.

Cursive writing is an art but it is becoming unnecessary. As long as a child can write their signature they're fine. You generally print on forms if you;re filling them in by hand.
You are definitely not being trashed! My best friend is still teaching, and she is looking forward to being able to retire. There is not a whole lot of enjoyment in teaching some subjects where you have to read the teacher's guide word for word. Kids are not robots and you need the freedom to teach in all different ways to help them. I know some parents who homeschool and others who send their children to Christian Schools, because they want the best for their kids. They don't do it to trash public schools, they are just doing what is best for their children.