View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Honeynga

I live in an apt and feel fairly safe. A few weeks ago I was on the phone talking with one of my daughters and expecting another daughter to come over at any moment.....heard a knock at the door and answered without checking "peephole".....standing there on a HOT and Humid August evening was a dude with a black hoodie and a hat on.....when I opened the door he said something....I told my daughter on the phone that I didn't know who it was but to call the police ! The guy took off running.....later heard that a former tenant in that apt used to sell "stuff".....I've since changed apts and hopefully this one is drug safe !

Yesterday, 10/8, I had an incident with my bank account that is worth noting. I went to grocer and debit card was denied...wow that is not a good feeling. After several tries it was still denied. Left groceries there and raced home to computer....yep, showed I had money in my account. Called bank and learned that their "Fraud" dept had pretty much shut down all transactions on my account because of a couple of "suspicious" charges....like a SIXTY NINE CENT charge in Brazil and a $33 charge from TN....all on the same day. Since I live in GA it was most unlikely that I had been to Brazil AND TN on the same day ! Went to bank, got a replacement Debit card and am able to access funds. Was looking at statement on line later in the day, once my heart settled down, and saw another charge that should be disputed also, will do that on Tuesday when the banks open after the holiday.

You just can't be too careful......sad to say.