View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 06:46 AM
quilter in the making

I haven't had much success having my Babylock's in for maintenance. I have called my dealer/service guy and asked when the best time is to bring them in. I haul them in, leave them and I never get the call that they are done. I go back in after I can't stand being without my machines for a while and find that he hasn't touched them. Last time he tried to give me someone else's machine. Went through this long description of what he'd done to it and what he'd fixed and I told him that wasn't a problem my machine was having and was he sure it was my machine he had. "Oh yes, this is your machine." When I turned the name tag tied onto the machine, surprise, it wasn't mine. Turned out he'd had my machine for a month and never touched it. It was still in warranty at that time and needed a new part. Was told the part would be free, but the labor to install it wouldn't be. He ordered the part and 10 months later, still hasn't called to say the part is in. Luckily my machine works without this part. I'm looking for another service center, but others are quite a drive away. GGRRRR.