View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 07:04 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by auniqueview
Originally Posted by LeslieFrost
Here's a post about using decorator fabric sample books: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-158818-1.htm
I bought two of those today, for .25 each. Gorgeous fabric! I know my husband wondered why, but he also knows that my mind works in mysterious ways, lol. Our garage is full of some very odd things...teeth, bones, feathers, tree bits and pieces, beads, pearls, .....fabric is pretty normal, lol.
Here's what I have made from these. Someone sent me the squares already cut from what were obviously fabric samples. I added all the sashings, cornerstones and borders from recycled fabrics purchased at the used clothing stores around here. They are former curtains or sheets.

All of these are charity quilts and I'm pleased with every single one of them. They wash and wear extremely well. (I known because I'd given one away previously to someone who washed her quilt almost weekly and it was going great after a year... and that's a lot of washings!)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-268266.jpe   attachment-268267.jpe   attachment-268268.jpe   attachment-268269.jpe   attachment-268270.jpe  

attachment-268274.jpe