View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Rosyhf

Yesterday, the day was dark and dreary. The skies opened up and it rained continuesly all day long and I loved it.

Hubby was ensconced in the back room and I was in the front, surrounded by some of the things that I love lol.

To my left (laying in the bed), is the open closet with three book shelves, up to the ceiling loaded with sorted fabric in color ranges. I love to look at it. It took me an entire day to arrange that lol.

To my right on the dresser is a row of knitting books and a container of patterns, and my radio cd player. There is no tv in this room so far.

The row of knitting books and patterns called to me. I always remember a pattern by Merdith Grover. It was her Mother's pattern of the Peacock Facecloth. I have always wanted to have a go at it.

It is challenging to me as I have not learned to see as I knit and am not too experienced in that field but do love it, especially on a day like yesterday.

I knitted on it all day long while listening to, "Angels and Demons". I carefully knitted evey step but somehow must have missed something. I don't see the peacock. The cloth is pretty anyway. I had picked a verigated aqua/white cotton.

I will try it again as I have seen others do it and I can see the Peacock. I have the pattern by Meridith Grover. I read in her instructions that the pattern was published in the, "Workbasket" in November 1954 issue.

I was delighted to read that and went and serched my Workbasket mags that, Anne, from this board sent me some time ago. I love those mags. Well I only found two mags from 1954 lol. and it was not there.

If anyone here can help me with this pattern or has some more written instruction that could help me, please let me know. Sometimes, it helps to read several version before it sinks in.

Here is a pic of the cloth, I found on the web...and here is mine with no Peacock in sight lol.....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_V88OxmGhQv.../MrPeacock.jpg
Attached Thumbnails attachment-268322.jpe