View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 04:14 PM
loves2quilt

I am getting so frustrated. First, I have checked and double checked my measurements, they are ok. I hope I can explain this right and I hope the pics show up in the right order. Im making the quilt I asked about a few days ago. Im trying to add the sides to the triangles ( bottom is 5 1/2 inches, 5 1/2 from middle bottom to point of triangle and 6" on the sides, not an even triangle to start with) It said to cut a rectangle 3 x 6 and cut it corner to corner to get the triangle sides. With me so far? lol My problem is this, when I add the sides to the triangle, I dont know how. If I line up the edges even (at the point of the triangle) when I open it there isnt a seam allowance at the top but there is at the bottom. Heres the pic for that problem. If I line it up leaving a seam allowance, when I open that up I have the 1/4 seam allowance at the top ok but not at the bottom..AAARRGGG!!! I just dont know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? I dont have a whole lot of material to play with and Im thinking just make some more sides but make them bigger, then cut it down to the right size after? Oh and in the pics, I folded the tails back to show you better what I meant. If I decide to make the sides bigger should I do 4 x 7? I really did not think this would give me any problems, looked easy enough and wanted to get it pieced tonight, ha, that aint happening.

seam lined up evenly
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12815[/ATTACH]

opened up, no seam allowance at point (left corner) but one at right corner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13096[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-12815.jpe   attachment-13096.jpe