View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 10:28 AM
chelgvns

I have a Brother LX3125 - basic model beginners sewing machine. I got it for Xmas last year so I could teach myself how to sew and I have unever done any maintwnce on it - I know shameful! Well I decided that I better do the basic cleaning and oiling and whatnot! Well I got nervouse and asked DH for help, and well... I guess I should have kept in mind that he's a grease monkey LOL! I am pretty sure he went overboard all my thread turns gray!!!! I have ran it with out threading. And ran it and ran it not helping ...well I finally got my thread to stop turning grey but the next issue is ....ever since he did whatever he did I can't get the tension on top and bottom thread right...occasinally the top thread snaps , the bobbin getts kinda crazY and know the tension wheel is grabbing my thread and keeping it...this last time it snapped it and it got all wound inside the machine. I'm a little frustrated and don't really want DH to help anymore....besides if I say something he may NEVER help me again! Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong!