View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Lostn51
Banned

I finally felt like doing something so my wife,son and I went to Howenwald TN to the Octoberfest this year. It was a gorgeous day and the temps were really mild with a light breeze so it felt wonderful being out of the house. We saw quite a few vendors there before going to the main hwy and hitting the worlds largest yard sale that goes on for 5 or 6 states. These were the cutest stockings I had ever seen and were hand made by the lady selling them.

I paid $2 each for them!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

They are all handmade and embroidered with a lining on the inside. How she was making money on them I have no idea but they are beautiful and she did some really nice work. She also had some utilitarian hand tied quilts for $10 and I started to get a couple of them just because they were so wonderfully made and I liked the fact that I could enjoy them for years to come. I have some photos of the yard sale and the tons of things I came home with from there but I will make that another post.

Billy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-268534.jpe   attachment-268535.jpe   attachment-268536.jpe