View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

You can get the regular Go! for much less than that nowadays!

I have the regular Go! and it has pros and cons. A lot depends on the reason why you want it. It is absolutely wonderful for people who have difficulty making accurate cuts. I have had no problem with fabric waste using mine; very comparable to using a rotary cutter.

A lot of people like it for accurate strip cuts, but I think I can actually do better using a June Taylor Shape Cut mat.

The things I *really* like the Go! for are (1) cutting triangles -- perfect cuts with all the dog ears cut off, making matching extremely easy and (2) cutting tumbler shapes. I haven't used it yet for cutting hexagons and fusible applique shapes, but I'm sure it is also really good for that.

People rave about cutting out a queen-size quilt in half an hour on the Go! I haven't figured that out yet, unless they are not counting the pre-cutting time you need to rough-cut yardage so it will go through the machine without lots of waste. For me, that is the most time-consuming part of using the Go!

p.s. There have been tons of threads about the Go! in the past. Do a "search" at the top of the board to find them.